www.crapelvis.com

I made an impulse buy of a $30 Elvis suit 3 weeks before leaving Australia in Jan 2008 to travel for a year.
It's crap....and now it's coming with me.
I don't sound like Elvis, look like Elvis, or sing like Elvis.
I am Crap Elvis.

crapelvis@gmail.com


World trip montage - Crap Elvis in 25 countries

Monday, December 17, 2007

How it started....

So there I was in Aussie cheapo shop Spotlight buying a wig for our farewell party before we headed off round the world for a year. And then I saw it. An Elvis suit for $29.99. Who could resist at that price? I certainly didn't.

Actually I should point out that the suit isn't officially an Elvis suit - the store called it a "Rocker" outfit, but I guess in the budget-conscious-elvis-suit market, naming royalties are an unecessary expense.

I further armed myself with a $10 "Greaser" wig (yep, royalties avoided again), and put together with the glasses I already had at home, I now own the crappiest Elvis suit in the world.

On taking it home, it was pointed out that maybe it was a complete waste of money, seeing as I'd just quit work to travel for a year...
BUT NOT IF IT COMES WITH US!!!!




No comments: