www.crapelvis.com

I made an impulse buy of a $30 Elvis suit 3 weeks before leaving Australia in Jan 2008 to travel for a year.
It's crap....and now it's coming with me.
I don't sound like Elvis, look like Elvis, or sing like Elvis.
I am Crap Elvis.

crapelvis@gmail.com


World trip montage - Crap Elvis in 25 countries

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Le Crap: Crap Elvis in France

OK, arrived in Paris to a fabulous 1 star hotel in the Montmartre area and was immediately shown up 5 flights of stairs to a little cupboard where I could store my bag. A few seconds later, after being given the key, I realised that it was also my bedroom. It wasn't the biggest room ever, in the same sense that China doesn't have the most beardless women's swim team ever.
Fortunately most of my time would be spent on the stairs though thanks to 19 Century French planning not allowing for an elevator, but definitely allowing for the bathroom/reception/anything else I might need to use, to be located on the 1st floor.

So if you are a regular here, you would have already seen the highlight of the Paris trip, which was getting chucked out of The Louvre (see post and photos below). Was it just a case of one enigmatic smile too many in the same gallery?

However, on my way across the gallery concourse with French security, I at least made my point that it is an absolute crime that I get thrown out for my choice of clothing, yet hordes of European tourists are freely walking around wearing socks with sandals. Put that on your baguette and eat it Monsieur Couldn't Get In The Police Force.

Fortunately there were plenty of other tourist photos to spoil so:

Hunch Crap of Notre Dame



Arche de Triomphe: Police are still looking for the person who put superglue on the lamp post.


Crap Eiffel Tower. I allowed tourists to climb right up to the wig for just 10 euros.



After a few days in Paris, it was onto Bordeaux for a few days. A city which is in the middle of a campaign to become European City of Culture 2013. Whilst on a guided walking tour, we were taken to Europe's biggest empty town square. Right then, that will get those arty types from across the continent dropping their pallettes and rushing to reserve a flight for 5 years time.

On Bordeaux's Miroir d'Eau (water mirror).


Sigourney Weaver starring in "Crap Elvis in The Mist"


I was fortunate enough to bump into French President Nicolas Sarkozy. Carla Bruni really has liberated him.

No comments: