www.crapelvis.com

I made an impulse buy of a $30 Elvis suit 3 weeks before leaving Australia in Jan 2008 to travel for a year.
It's crap....and now it's coming with me.
I don't sound like Elvis, look like Elvis, or sing like Elvis.
I am Crap Elvis.

crapelvis@gmail.com


World trip montage - Crap Elvis in 25 countries

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Crap Elvis in New York - The Big Crapple

Well it all started off fairly normally (ie get to prime tourist spot wearing dodgy Elvis suit and bad wig) and the regulation photo was taken. Although no-one else seemed to appreciate the irony of the American authorities having now taken away the right to go up something called the Statue of Liberty.



..but then having weaved in and out of traffic at Times Square, my theory that I may be a "person of interest" (I was strangely singled out for the random check during each trip through customs - and you try finding a believable excuse for wearing this outfit. "Sorry officer, it's the only thing I had clean in the wardrobe") was strengthened with this interesting turn of events.





A man who likes to take his clothes off in public...and the Naked Cowboy.


Beer and baseball at Yankee stadium. I couldn't be living the American dream more if I was shooting someone in self defense, saying "have a nice day", holding a 3 quarter pounder burger, and placing a vote in Florida that wouldn't be counted.






Whilst riding the Subway, someone looked at me and then offered me the disabled seat.


Let's play Spot The Tourist




No comments: