www.crapelvis.com

I made an impulse buy of a $30 Elvis suit 3 weeks before leaving Australia in Jan 2008 to travel for a year.
It's crap....and now it's coming with me.
I don't sound like Elvis, look like Elvis, or sing like Elvis.
I am Crap Elvis.

crapelvis@gmail.com


World trip montage - Crap Elvis in 25 countries

Sunday, September 21, 2008

The newspapers are full of Crap




I think the world had a slow news week, as media coverage has gone a bit silly recently.

Obviously Lewis Hamilton, Kim Wilde and Nick Faldo weren't doing anything interesting, as all coming from the same area as I originally am from, I managed to end up on front page and page 3 of The Welwyn and Hatfield Times, leaving them to languish in much less read pages. Take that one to the tribunal Hamilton.






However it was only when full page articles in some of the UK's biggest papers started appearing with stuff I'd never said, and an Elvis addiction I've never had, that I realised that Britney Spears must have been treating her kids well, Amy Winehouse must have had a quiet night in, and the England football team must have been performing adequately, leaving valuable column inches to fill. That'll be me then.

The Sun: www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1648431.ece



Daily Mirror: www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/09/05/elvis-presley-lookalike-tours-the-world-115875-20724221/




Daily Star


Daily Mail: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1052533/Elvis-lives--hes-world-tour-How-devoted-fan-took-Blue-Suede-Shoes-road.html


Also had a few people let me know that Crap Elvis made photo of the day in The London Lite, and was one of the Daily Mail's travel photos of the week. Very strange.

Finally, had a great chat on air with Stephen Rhodes on BBC radio, as well as the usual weekly catch up with Jeff Burzacott at 5AA down in Australia.

Think I'll have a lie down now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has your girlfriend changed her name to PHOTO BY GEOFF ROBINSON? LOL

Anonymous said...

The people of Parkes NSW Australia, home of the Crappiest Elvis Festival in the world, congratulate you on your world domination and want you to come back.