www.crapelvis.com

I made an impulse buy of a $30 Elvis suit 3 weeks before leaving Australia in Jan 2008 to travel for a year.
It's crap....and now it's coming with me.
I don't sound like Elvis, look like Elvis, or sing like Elvis.
I am Crap Elvis.

crapelvis@gmail.com


World trip montage - Crap Elvis in 25 countries

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Crap Elviski - Crap Elvis in St Petersburg, Russia

With the local language skills of a 3 year old, we arrived in St Petersburg, Russia after some strange visa delay (I think my occupation category was confusing). An unbelievable feeling of helplessness took over when emerging out of the airport, I couldn't even read, let alone speak any word on any sign. We had to resort to matching the shapes in the words.
Trying to be hardcore/cheaparse travellers, we finally boarded a local marshrutka (ford transit crazy van), then the metro (to correct the wrong direction we'd gone in the marshrutka), then another marshrutka, then a little walk to the hostel. All in all, the 25minute trip from the airport took us 2 hours.

Church On The Spilled Blood - (the vote for "Church where something vaguely unpleasant happened" was clearly beaten).





St Petersburg's Palace Square - the tourists go crazy for it. Sorry, the tourist go crazy for it.


No comments: