www.crapelvis.com

I made an impulse buy of a $30 Elvis suit 3 weeks before leaving Australia in Jan 2008 to travel for a year.
It's crap....and now it's coming with me.
I don't sound like Elvis, look like Elvis, or sing like Elvis.
I am Crap Elvis.

crapelvis@gmail.com


World trip montage - Crap Elvis in 25 countries

Monday, July 7, 2008

Crap Elvis waltzes into Vienna, Austria

Well the Euro 2008 football finals beckoned, and the suit couldn't resist the temptation, so off we went for a few days of Austrian air (mainly filled with beer and hot dog fumes).

And the Austrians played the perfect hosts - from the bus to the bar to the metro, Viennese citizens would randomly pounce and almost beg for you to have a problem they could sort out. Map in hand - "let me help with directions". Phrasebook in hand - "let me translate for you". Empty glass in hand - "let me charge you another $50 for another offical beer of the tournament".

In fact the very first guy who offered to help with directions became even more friendly when he realised I was from Australia. His reason being "we love Australia because it sounds very similar to Austria". Now if only someone could explain that to Iran and Iraq.





So the Austrian diet seemed to mainly consist of beer and sausages. Somehow, this food stall's ad failed to win over my hunger pains though.


Austrian authorities in another bid to please tourists were kind enough to provide a place to practice your graffiti before ruining the city's walls with incorrect spelling.




"...and zis time, I vill not varm ze hands up first"
The friendly Austrian Polizei request me to put my hands behind my back. In a counter offer, I request them to put their Hans behind my back.



At Wiener Prater - the world's oldest theme park. This ride not recommended for children.
Shortly after that shot, he asked me if I'd like to go and see some puppies.


Vienna Metro escalator - Another day, another person freaked out.


Fortunately I wasn't the only one to look stupid wearing red and white. Hello Austrian fans.




Schonbrun Palace: A palace fit for a King


"Thankyou, I'll be here all week. Try the schniztel"


Wearing my amazing new hover shoe.


Schonbrun Palace Maze: Half an hour of my life I can't get back




No comments: